IASW Independent Social Workers
Name: Ursula Breslin
Type of Work/Specialism: Fostering Assessments : I have been in Fostering 11 years
(All assessments considered and Foster Carer Reviews)
CORU Registration Number: SW003894
Region/Location: Wicklow/Wexford (other areas considered)
Languages spoken: English
Business name/address: Wicklow
Description of relevant experience/profile:
- I have 11 years’ experience in general and relative fostering assessments. I also have 11 years’ experience of link worker supporting families who foster, supervision of families and completing foster carer reviews.
- I have experience of working with duty teams on Initial Assessments and ongoing joint work with them and with Children in Care teams.
- I have one years’ experience of independent work providing respite to service users with an intellectual disability in a rural holiday setting.
- I have 7 years’ experience working in the area of intellectual disability working in a residential setting, assisting service user to set goals and supporting them to live as independently as possible in a community setting.
- I have one years’ experience of working with families through Enable Ireland, supporting them in the day-to-day tasks of raising a child with a disability.
- I have 6 months experience of working in a hospital setting, social work with the elderly, discharge planning within multi-disciplinary teams.
- I have 5 years’ experience of working in administration the most relevant being in a Nursing Agency placing staff in various setting.
- My early work was with older people in a nursing home setting and some in the community. I spent 5 years in this role.
- BA - Social Work Degree, Trinity College Dublin First Class Honours
- Diploma – UCD, Cultural Studies – 1 year
- Psychoanalysis -1 year
- Psychology – 1 year
- Diploma -Social Studies, Maynooth College
- Rehab – certificate in studies relating to older people
Professional registrations: CORU
Extra skills: Disability and Care of the Elderly – Hospital Social Work - Hospital Administration -Residential Care – Intellectual Disability- Administration in Nursing Agency.