IASW Independent Social Workers 2020
Name: Blathnaid McCabe
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 085 100 2177 / 087 284 7787
Type of Work/Specialism: Provision of psychotherapy and mental health interventions to children and adolescents, families, parents, and adults who have experienced childhood adverse experiences, mental health difficulties as well as with individuals/families experiencing loss, trauma, and family breakdown. Provision of supervision to social workers and teams. Provision of workshops and seminars to organisations and teams re wellbeing and mental health in the workplace.
CORU Registration Number: SW005622
Region/Location: Cavan, Monaghan, Meath and Louth
Languages spoken: English
Business name/address: Reach Out Psychotherapy. Drogheda, Co. Louth
Description of relevant experience/profile:
- Blathnaid McCabe B.Soc.Sc., M.Soc.Sc., MSc. is an accredited Psychotherapist with the Irish Council for Psychotherapy (ICP) and a CORU registered Social Worker specialising in the area of mental health.
- Mental Health Social Worker, Child & Adolescent Psychotherapist and Clinical Manager in the area of mental health and related fields for over 20 years.
- Experience with children, adolescents, families, parents/carers working in Paediatric and General Hospitals and in community settings.
- Blathnaid worked in Jigsaw, the National Centre for Youth Mental Health as Clinical Manager and as Social Work Manager in the Department of Mental Health, CHI, Temple Street Hospital with children and adolescents experiencing acute and long-term mental health difficulties.
- Blathnaid worked in the specialist area of child abuse and trauma (assessments & therapy) and with adults who have experienced trauma (HSE National Counselling Service - NCS).
- In-depth understanding of the landscape of child and family services. Extensive experience and skills in the areas of child abuse, mental health and with individuals/families experiencing loss, trauma, and family breakdown.
- My orientation is psycho-dynamic, encompassing trauma informed practices and systemic practices. Recently I use compassion focussed therapy and narrative therapy with children and/adolescents and families in enabling them in tolerating painful life experiences and focussing on resilience and recovery
Qualifications: B.Soc.Sc., MSoc.Sc., M.Sc.
Professional registrations: CORU and ICP (Irish Council for Psychotherapy)
- Conducting assessments of children up to the age of 18 years with a broad spectrum of psychiatric, emotional, and behavioural difficulties
- Conducting comprehensive and therapeutic assessments of children presenting with high risk behaviours up to aged 18 including sexual abuse/trauma/ acute and chronic mental health difficulties/social and emotional (regulation) difficulties
- Provision of supervision over several years on a one to one basis and at group level with social workers across a number of setting incorporating case management and reflective practice principles
- Management of teams and mental health services including Mental Health Social Work and Jigsaw Transdisciplinary Team (Jigsaw, National Centre for Youth Mental Health)
- Working with Hospital teams in enabling teams to understand challenging behaviours and emotional difficulties and managing same.
- Provision of Support in Hospital settings in enabling self-care as part of the challenges of the work to prevent burnout and vicarious trauma using a psycho-dynamic and trauma informed perspective.
- Provision of workshops to organisation on wellbeing and mental health in the workplace.