IASW Independent Social Workers 2020
Name: Kathleen Sherry
Telephone: 086 853 9673
Type of Work/Specialism: Intellectual Disability, management and supervision of social workers, other clinicians, and operations managers. Have delivered staff training on safeguarding vulnerable persons.
CORU Registration Number: SW001523
Region/Location: South East: Kilkenny, Carlow, Waterford, Wexford, Tipperary
Languages spoken: English
Description of relevant experience/profile:
- I qualified as a social worker in 1996, working in a variety of settings including Child Protection, Medical Social Work, and Intellectual Disability. From 1999
- I worked in Senior Social Work and senior operations management roles in a service for people with an Intellectual Disability.
- I possess core skills in: Assessment of Need, Psychosocial Assessments, Care planning and service delivery models, inclusive of reviews and transition plans, Report Writing, Risk Assessments, Policy Development underpinned by Service objectives and regulation and Clinical Supervision.
- I have commissioned and undertaken investigations under Trust in Care.
- I am committed to providing the highest standards of service and am driven by the principles underpinning person-centered care.
- 2016 Diploma in Leadership and Management, College of Management, and IT, NFQ Level 6
- 1994 – 1996 Master’s in Social Science (Social Work). University College Dublin, NFQ Level 9. National Qualification in Social Work (N.Q.S.W.)
- 1993 – 1994 Post Graduate Diploma in Social Policy, University College Dublin, NFQ Level 8
- 1988 – 1992 Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematical Sciences, Dublin City University, NFQ Level 8
Professional registrations: CORU and Nagalro, a UK professional Association for Children’s Guardians, Family Court Advisers, and Independent Social Workers
Extra skills: I have provided training to staff teams on Adult Safeguarding as per the HSE Safeguarding Vulnerable Persons at Risk of Abuse: National Policy and Procedures. I have carried out investigations under Trust in Care. I have been involved in policy development and review. I have worked within the HIQA regulations and standards for disability services. I have managed day, respite, and residential services in a service for people with intellectual disabilities