Type of Work/Specialism:
Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS), Adult Mental Health. Mental Health and Workplace Wellbeing Training.
CORU Registration Number:
Galway / Anywhere via Zoom
Charge per hour:
€80 per hour (Introductory session €50 to ensure a good match).
*Receipts provided for all sessions.
Description of relevant experience/profile:
- I’m a CORU-registered social worker with 22 years of clinical experience in mental health: 3+ years in Adult Psychiatry (inpatient – with a specialist eating disorder unit, outpatients, and day hospital), 18+ years in CAMHS in a senior role on community-based teams. My areas of special interest are: anxiety, attachment, eating disorders, trauma, self-harming, parenting, and groupwork.
- I’ve been Practice Teaching since 2004, and working as a Tutor on the MA in Social Work in NUIG since 2014, supporting and supervising masters students on placement. I have also done some locum lecturing in Social Work Skills for NUIG on the MA in Social Work.
- In 2020, I left CAMHS and set up a mental health and workplace wellbeing training business called Mind Ed (www.minded.ie). I am currently working in this role, and I’m really enjoying using my social work, groupwork, and psycho-educational skills in a new context. I have a special interest in stress/anxiety management, positive psychology, self-care, and burnout awareness/prevention.
- I’m a Registered Circle of Security Parenting Programme facilitator.
- I believe that supervision should be a safe collaborative process built on honesty, trust, and support. All social workers deserve a confidential space where they can openly discuss challenging cases, reflect on practice, talk through any team dynamics issues, and invest in self-care and professional development.
CORU and IASW
- MA in Social Work Tutor with NUIG – 2014 to present
- Experienced in mental health training, education and groupwork
- Registered Circle of Security Parenting Facilitator
- Parents Plus facilitator (all age groups)
- Mum of 3 children (with associated agile skills in negotiation, time management, nursing, catering, taxi-driving, emotions coaching, personal shopping, event management, juggling etc)