IASW Independent Social Workers
Name: Paul Tierney
Telephone: 00353 87 7069389
Type of Work/Specialism: Section 20 court reports, Fostering assessments, Adoption assessments, Intellectual disability, Mediation (separating couples and general), Restorative practice.
CORU Registration Number: SW001761
Region/Location: Galway, Clare, western region, midlands, and Dublin.
Languages spoken: English and Irish
Business name/address: Paul Tierney Consulting www.paultierneyconsulting.ie
Description of relevant experience/profile:
- Social Worker and supervisor, with thirty-two years of experience in Ireland across child protection, family support, foster care, intellectual disability, health and social care regulation.
- Certified Mediator in general mediation, and separating couples.
- Restorative Practices trainer.
- Former tutor on University of Galway Social Work training course from 2004 to 2012.
- I set up my own consultancy business in 2022 and became self-employed. I take on pieces of work from statutory and voluntary agencies, as well as having a private mediation practice, and doing some free mediation work.
- Degree in Social Studies / CQSW: Trinity College Dublin1991
- Master’s degree in social work research: Trinity College Dublin 2000
- Master’s degree in health services management: Trinity College Dublin 2016
- Certified Mediator 2020. Qualification in Separating Couples 2022.
- CORU membership number SW001761
- Irish Association of Social Workers
- Mediators Institute of Ireland (MII)
- Currently a member of the panel of Decision-Making Representatives (DMR) with the Decision Support Service. (DSS)
- Restorative Practices trainer with Childhood Development Initiative Dublin. (CDI)
- Associate Quality Specialist with Childhood Development Initiative Dublin. (CDI)
- Certified Mediator, general and separating couples.