Name: Dr. Aileen Tierney
Type of Work/Specialism: Reflective Practice, Couples, Children & Families
CORU Registration Number: SW021740
Region/Location: Dublin / Wicklow
Charge per hour: € 85
Description of relevant experience/profile:
- Aileen Tierney is a Social worker, Family Therapist and Supervisor.
- Aileen has over 30 years’ experience in the area of mental health and working with families with particular experience in Systemic Supervision.
- She is currently the course director of the Masters in Systemic Family therapy at ClanwiIliam Institute and CEO and is a registered Family therapy supervisor and teaches on and coordinates the Systemic Supervisors course.
- She is an editor on several journals in the field of family therapy.
- She is a registered social worker and has been teaching skills to Social Workers since 2006 on Master’s in Social Work course in UCD and since 2018 on Master’s in Social Work in Trinity College.
- She has also provided reflective practice groups for social workers in Tusla.
- Aileen works directly with children couples and families and in collaboration with the traveller Counselling Project.
- Aileen’s approach to supervision is collaborative and reflective. She encourages the consideration of the influence of context language and relationships on personal and professional engagements and is situated within a social justice framework.
Qualifications: PhD, MSc, CQSW, BSocSc(hons), Diploma Systemic Supervision, Diploma Specific Learning Difficulties, Certificate Entrepreneurial Education and Certificate in Mediation
Professional registrations: Coru, Family therapy Association of Ireland and European Association of Psychotherapy