Name: Joseph McCarthy
Type of Work/Specialism: Children & Families, Voluntary and Community
Telephone: 086 467 0461
CORU Registration Number: SW004778
Region/Location: Cork / Able to travel
Charge per hour: € 50
Description of relevant experience/profile:
- Many years’ experience in a community setting with significant involvement with community-based groups, voluntary organizations, and NGOs (overseas).
- Within the Statutory setting I have over 23 years of experience in the area of Child Protection,17 of which as a Principal Social Worker.
- In this capacity I have provided Supervision to Child Care Leaders, Social Workers, and Team Leaders.
- I also currently provide supervision to practitioners in the Voluntary and Community settings.
- I was a member of the IASW Board for 6 years and I have a keen interest in Staff Welfare/Wellbeing, Reflective Practice.
Qualifications: BSW (H1)
Professional registrations: IASW and CORU
Extra skills: Management, Advocacy, Mediation, and fluency in Portuguese