Name: Majella Hickey
Type of Work/Specialism: Generic. Experience in: Mental Health, Bereavement, Criminal Justice, Addictions and Homelessness
Telephone: 086 043 6771
CORU Registration Number: SW003746
Region/Location: Kildare, Dublin, Laois, Carlow, and West Wicklow
Charge per hour: Negotiable
Description of relevant experience/profile:
- I am currently employed as an Occupational Social Worker with the Irish Defence Forces.
- I specialise in providing a generic multi-dynamic service to serving personnel and their families in the areas of bereavement and loss, relationship breakdown, stress and trauma, child protection, mental, physical, and intellectual disability, and special needs issues.
- I previously worked as a probation officer for nine years. I worked with addiction services for six years.
- I have experience in private practice with clients affected by addiction, depression, eating disorders and child abuse.
- I hold a postgraduate qualification in supervision (social work) and have extensive experience delivering professional social work supervision to practitioners and students in a variety of settings.
Qualifications: Master Social Work and Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Field Work Practice and Supervision (Social Work)
Professional registrations: CORU