IASW Independent Social Workers
Name: Sinéad Hegarty
Telephone: 044 7832 950438
Type of Work/Specialism: Therapeutic Recovery Work following child sexual abuse. Risk assessment., (ages 4-25), Assessment of Therapeutic Need. Training on all aspects of trauma/ the impact of child sexual Abuse/ Therapeutic Interventions following CSA. Development/implementation of therapeutic programmes. Working with families post sexual abuse. Consultation with other professionals re: complex cases. Victim Impact Reports. Court reports/ assessments. Parenting Assessments.
CORU Registration Number: SW058433
- Direct work: Dublin, Inishowen – Letterkenny/Online.
- Training/Consultancy: Nationwide.
Languages spoken: English
Business name/address: Sinéad Hegarty Consultancy, 19, Canterbury Pk., Waterside, Derry, N.Ireland, BT47 6BX
Description of relevant experience/profile:
- I have been In Social Work since 1994, and have experience in the Statutory and Charity Sectors, holding Practitioner,Managerial and Senior Managerial positions during this time.
- Since 2004 I have specialised in the area of Child Sexual Abuse Trauma and Therapeutic Recovery Work for children and young people who have experienced sexual abuse, including educative, supportive work with (non-abusing) parents and therapeutic work with siblings.
- I have specialised in Assessment of Therapeutic Need and developing and delivering Therapeutic Interventions for children following sexual abuse since 2004. Within that, I have been involved in the development and delivery of a Psychodynamic Therapeutic Recovery Model for children aged 4-17.
- I have worked as an Independent Social Worker since 2021, and have been commissioned to provide Sexual Abuse Recovery work within the Northern Health and Social Care Trust Area
- I provide Individual and group supervision
- I have developed and delivered bespoke training In Child Protection/Safeguarding, all aspects of Child Sexual Abuse and its impact and understanding Trauma and its Impact, to statutory, voluntary and community groups, as well as to counselling students.
- As a Social Work Consultant, I offer 1:1 support to Social Workers, Psychologists and Counsellors re: assessment and management of complex cases
- BSc Psychology UEL, 1990
- DipSW, UU Magee 2001
- MSc Social Work, UU Magee 2004
Professional registrations: CORU, NISCC
Extra Skills: Administration and analysis of Briere’s Trauma Symptom Checklist For Children/ Young Children, (TSCC/TSCYC). Chairing Multi-disciplinary meetings on complex cases. Development and implementation of Therapeutic Programmes, including staff training