Social Workers in the Southern Region Special Interest Group
- Terry Bradshaw: Chairperson / Council Representative
- Steven Peat: Secretary
- Rachel McCormack: Board Member
- Catherine Crowley
- Pearl Doyle
- Siobhan Bruen
- Carmel Halton
About the Group:
The Southern Region SIG was set up in 2005. The groups continue to date and endeavours to support the work of the IASW on a local platform across organisations. We aim to connect social workers locally to discuss, advocate and support professional development of the social work role.
- The role of the committee is to facilitate members to discuss the above issues and to support IASW work/ functions at local level.
- You do not have to be on the local committee to attend meetings, all members are welcome.
- The group meet approximately 6 times a year in Cork.
- For the coming year will be meeting with Zoom, until public health advice allows us to meet in person.
- It will take place on 1/10/2020 - 6-7pm
- The AGM will elect an incoming Chair and Secretary.
- The role of the Chair and Secretary is to co-ordinate and keep records of meetings/ events etc.
- Other Portfolios that can be added at the first meeting after the AGM:
- Council Representative: attends national council meetings.
- Academic Representative: representative from Third Level Institution.
- Student Representative: representative from Student MSW/BSW.
We are presently updating our mailing list so I would appreciate if you could contact me at email@example.com with your details. New members are very welcome.